The exterior of your home takes a beating from the elements. Whether it's salt from the Pacific Ocean or the year-round sun beating down on your home, the very best way to protect your investment is a quality exterior paint job.
The exterior of your home forms the first impression for everyone. If the paint is cracking, peeling, or fading, your curb appeal is negatively affected. Getting your house painted every few years will keep it looking great and protect it from the weather.
Our Exterior Painting Process
Just like with our interior paint jobs, we'll create a temporary "shop area" when you hire us to transform your home’s exterior. This is where all of our tools and materials are kept for the duration of the job. We'll keep this spot neat and tidy throughout the project. Any concrete, landscaping, and outdoor furniture will be protected with cloths, plastic, and rosin paper.
Preparation is very important in achieving a quality finish that lasts. Our prep includes:
- High-Pressure washing. The complete exterior will be washed with a professional-grade power washer with at least 2800 PSI.
- Masking, or covering, all areas that will not be painted (sidewalks, door trim, patios, shrubs, furniture) with plastic, rosin paper, tape, or drop cloths
- Trenching. We will dig a minor trench 4-6 inches deep where your home or commercial building meets the earth or dirt and paint below the grade. That way, if the earth around the building ever erodes and exposes that portion of the building, the finish will be consistent.
- Patching all holes or damage to exterior trim, doors, door frames, stucco, wood siding, and eaves prior to painting;
- Caulking all cracks and gaps between wood trim and walls, or between two wood surfaces
- Scraping off all loose paint, previous coats that are failing, and rust on metal in order to provide a sound surface for new coatings
- Priming all surfaces as necessary with appropriate primers
We paint all types of exterior surfaces including stucco, brick, wood, vinyl, cedar shingles, trim, and more. We use high-quality paint, especially made for exterior surfaces so that it resists the sea salt and relentless sun. When we’re finished, your house will be the envy of the neighborhood for years to come.
We won’t leave you with a mess on your hands. If the project takes more than a day to complete, we will clean up the area before we leave the premises each day. We’ll store our supplies and materials in our shop area, out of the way of you and visitors. When the project is complete, we will remove everything we own and clean up all debris. The only difference from before we started will be a freshly painted exterior.
Choose the Experienced Painting Professionals
Trust your home’s exterior to the experienced professionals at Ron Rice Painting & Consulting. We’ll make sure it’s protected and looking great with a quality paint job that lasts for years.
When you’re ready to transform your home’s exterior, let us help. We offer free estimates and competitive prices, with outstanding customer service.